How It Works
Reduce your college costs by up to 100 percent!
The program closes the gap between federal and state sources of financial support and the balance of tuition and the general campus fee. Rutgers–Camden automatically applies the Bridging the Gap grant to these remaining costs after any other need-based federal and/or state aid have been applied, based on family adjusted gross income (AGI):
- $60,000 or less: receive a grant covering 100 percent of tuition and the general campus fee.
- $60,001 to $80,000: receive a grant covering 75 percent of remaining tuition and the general campus fee.
- $80,001 to $100,000: receive a grant covering 50 percent of remaining tuition and the general campus fee.
Criteria for Annual Renewal
Students may renew their Bridging the Gap grant annually provided that they:
- successfully complete 30 credit hours in an academic year;
- remain in good academic standing; and
- complete the FAFSA every year.
How to Apply
Applying for Bridging the Gap is easy.
There is no separate application for the program. Applicants who meet the criteria are automatically considered when they apply and are admitted for admission to Rutgers University–Camden.
Who Is Eligible?
The program is open to students who have never attended college and enroll as first-year undergraduate students on a full-time basis (at least 30 credits per academic year*) in degree programs on the Rutgers University–Camden campus. (*Please note that developmental courses that are successfully passed will be counted toward a student’s 30 earned credits per academic year requirement.)
Residents of the State of New Jersey who are also U.S. citizens (or legal permanent U.S. residents) are eligible.
This program is not transferrable to other Rutgers campuses or off-campus Rutgers programs.