Steps to Apply as a First-Year Student
- Complete the Undergraduate Admissions Application.
- Include your extra-curricular activities, if you would like us to consider this information.
- Include your personal essay (required for all first-year applicants).
- Pay the $70 application fee online or by mail.
- Submit your Self-Reported Academic Record (required for current high school students).
- Submit your official high-school transcript and/or GED results (required for high school graduates and GED holders).
- Submit SAT/ACT test scores directly from the testing agency to Rutgers, if required. Use our SAT code 2765 or ACT code 2592 when requesting scores.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Nursing–Camden
Your academic record must show you are on track to graduate with or have already earned 16 academic units outlined below for all schools and colleges at Rutgers University–Camden.
- English: four years
- Foreign language: two years of one language
- Mathematics: three years, including algebra I, geometry, algebra II
- Science: two years (one year each of biology and chemistry for the School of Nursing)
- Other courses: five other academic courses
- Total: 16 academic courses
Current High School Students
Current high school students are required to self-report their courses, grades, grade-point averages, and rank-in-class where available with Rutgers’ free-standing online form, the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR). When you submit a SRAR, you do not need to provide an interim transcript prior to graduation.
Your SRAR must include all courses and final grades earned from grades 9 through 11. To complete your SRAR, we recommend you reference a copy of your transcript.
All enrolling students must submit an official high school transcript with all courses and final grades. Discrepancies between a student’s SRAR and official transcript may result in a student’s admission to Rutgers being rescinded.
High School Graduates and GED Recipients
If you have already graduated high school, please submit your official final transcript for all schools attended. Your high school transcript must include all courses and final grades earned from grade 9 through graduation or leaving. Your transcript should certify any diplomas you have earned.
If you have earned a GED, official results are required. A transcript of any high school work you attempted is required in addition to the GED.
Rutgers Test Codes
- SAT: 2765
- ACT: 2592
First-year applicants are required to submit official SAT or ACT scores if:
- you are currently in high school, or
- you have graduated from high school fewer than two years ago and will not have at least 12 college credits completed by the Regular Action Application Due Date.
Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency to Rutgers. Unofficial test scores cannot be accepted.
Advanced Placement (AP) test results are not required until an applicant has accepted admissions to the university.
Activities and Experience
Information about your activities, employment, community service, family obligations, and other personal experiences will enhance your application. Please include this information in the relevant section(s) of your application. It cannot be sent separately.
Your personal essay must be included in the space provided on the application. Once your application is submitted, no edits can be made to the essay. Essays cannot be sent separately.