F-1 International Students
After you are admitted and accept Rutgers University’s offer of admission, F-1 visa applicants must do the following to be eligible for their I-20 Certificate of Eligibility.
- Submit an International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) and accompanying financial documentation: a scanned or original bank letter or statement on bank letterhead stating the amount of funds available in U.S. dollars that will be used to sponsor you.
- If you are already studying in the United States, submit an International Student Advisor’s Report (ISAR) in addition to your ISFS and current I-20.
Once you receive your I-20, pay your I-901 SEVIS fee, and set up your visa interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
If you applied for admission by the due date, you will receive your I-20 in time to schedule an interview at the embassy or consulate and in advance of your travel. To obtain your I-20 from Rutgers you must:
- Accept our offer of admission at Rutgers Status with the appropriate area checked indicating you need an I-20.
- Submit a completed Rutgers International Student Financial Statement (ISFS).
- Submit financial documentation to accompany the International Student Financial Statement.
- F-1 students currently studying in the U.S. only: Submit the International Student Advisor’s Report (ISAR) completed by your international student adviser and copies of all previous I-20s.
Once you have obtained your I-20 from Rutgers, you will:
- Visit U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement for important next steps.
- Pay your I-901 SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee, mandated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
- Prepare for your arrival in the U.S. and plan to attend Rutgers' International Student Orientation.
Office of International Students
The Office of International Students provides services for international students and will guide you through your next steps once admitted to Rutgers University–Camden.
The ISFS and all supporting documents must be signed and dated no more than nine months prior to the semester that you are applying for admission. You will be asked for updated funding information if required. Bank statements must be originals or faxed directly from the financial institution.
Send all materials to:Office of International Students
215 North Third Street, First Floor
Camden, NJ 08102 USA
All Other Visa Classifications
International students applying to Rutgers University–Camden under a visa classification other than F-1 should contact the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions directly for individual guidance. Email us at email@example.com.