Steps to Apply
If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa or intend to enter the United States with a student or scholar visa, you are considered an international student.
Below are the steps to take to apply for undergraduate study. Individual undergraduate programs may require additional materials.
- Complete the Undergraduate Admissions Application.
- Pay the $70 application fee online or by mail.
- Submit the online Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR), if you are a current high school student.
- Submit official high school transcripts/examination results. Transcripts must be the official, original document or a certified true copy. Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translator and must arrive on the professional letterhead of the translator.
- Submit official transcripts from all college or universities attended. All records must be official, original documents or certified true copies. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translator.
- Submit proof of English proficiency, if your high school is in a country where English is not the principal language. Students who do not meet the minimum English score requirements or who believe they need additional help with their English skills may wish to apply for conditional admission. Learn more about requirements for English proficiency.
- Submit SAT/ACT test scores, if your native language is English, if you are currently attending high school in the United States, attending an accredited American school outside the United States, or if you wish to be considered for a merit scholarship. Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to Rutgers. Unofficial test scores cannot be accepted. When requesting your scores, use Rutgers’ SAT code of 2765 or our ACT code of 2592. The ACT score must include the writing component.
- Apply for your visa after you have been accepted to admission to Rutgers.
Mail Your Documentation
All required documentation should be mailed to:Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions
406 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1400 USA