Conditional Admission Requirements
Rutgers University–Camden offers conditional admission to academically qualified international applicants who do not yet meet our English proficiency requirements.
Conditionally admitted students may satisfy their English proficiency requirements by either:
- Achieving the requisite scores on the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- Successfully completing Intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112 at ELS Language Centers; or
- Grade of a B or better in English Composition 1 or 2 at a regionally accredited university in the United States.
English language and entrance examinations (if required) must be fulfilled in order for a student to matriculate at Rutgers–Camden.
Proof of English Language Proficiency Requirements
Rutgers–Camden accepts the following as proof of English proficiency from its international applicants.
- TOEFL: 550 (paper-based); 79 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6
- Completion of level 112 in the ELS program or a grade of B or better in a college-level English composition course at an accredited U.S. college or university.
English Language Program
Rutgers–Camden partners with ELS Language Centers to provide intensive English classes for students who need to achieve English proficiency. Conditionally admitted students for all degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels must complete ELS Intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112.